Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Reflections and Hopes - 2015-2016 - Part 2 - Hopes for 2016


The year ahead...

Who knows what the future holds?  I know all too well that even if you know some of what is ahead of you in the future you never really know what it will be like until you get there!  Nonetheless here are my hopes for 2016.  Better late than never.

Year 11 English Class
I have a lovely bunch of students in my Year 11 English class this year.  They have a lot to say and they say it loudly that is for sure!  They don't always put full effort in but when they do it is something special... a little magic in he room.  They remind me of me when I was young :-)  I think that some of them think I am a little tough on them at times... maybe I am.  But it is only because I want them to succeed so badly.  I know I wish that I had been pushed (in a caring way) more when I was at school.  They have the potential to do so well but they are not quite there yet.  It is my mission to make sure that they realise their potential and get the grades they dream of.  It will be hard work, no doubt, but it is so possible.  These guys can be amazing if they focus.  I want to see them fist pump when they get their results in the summer :-).

Year 11 Media Classes
Is it good to be back teaching Media after a year away from it.  I have two classes of Media Year 11 students and after a term long slog reworking their coursework from last year we are at last getting creative and on a fresh topic.  It has been so lovely to see them get excited about creating their pieces this last couple of weeks and I am genuinely looking forward to their final products.

Stepping Up
I am ready to step up to the next level in my career and I hope that this is the year for me to do that.  We shall see.

Books
My second book is out soon.  Exciting.  I am really looking forward to doing some editing work this year.  After two books I am looking forward to looking at other people's hard work and advising them where I can.

Blogging
I am committing to blogging more this year.  Writing two books in the last two years has meant that blogging has had to take a back burner.  I miss it to be honest.



So 2016, let's see what you have in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment