Saturday, 6 September 2014

Why I teach...



I teach because I love being taught and teaching is a constant learning process.

I teach because I want to be a part of giving a young person a better chance I life to achieve all they wish to achieve.

I teach because there is nothing like working with young people - even the challenging ones - in fact, especially the challenging ones.

I teach because it challenges me and makes me question myself every day.

I teach because I love to see those lightbulb moments where their eyes light up and they 'get it'.

teach because no one day is ever the same - when I worked in an office it was and it killed me, slowly.


I teach because it is a part of who I am.


I teach because every now and then I see an ex-student of mine as I walk along the street, they tell me about what they are doing and where they are going and it fills me with pride.

I teach because I enjoy the comradery that naturally forms among teachers when times get tough.

I teach because I love reading stories, writing stories, exploring stories - I just love stories.

I teach because young people say the funniest things and I love them for it.

I teach because it is so important for a teacher to provide stability, structure and love in the lives of those young people that have none.



I teach because sometimes it is heartbreaking and that is important too.

I teach because I remember that feeling the great teachers gave, and still give, me.

I teach because I want to make a difference.



Why do you teach?





This post was inspired by @CaitlinTucker

No comments:

Post a Comment