Saturday, 11 January 2014

Guardian Contribution - What are your career goals for 2014?

I wrote a small contribution to the recent Guardian piece on what some of my goals are for 2014.


...............

This year I am committing to ensuring I celebrate successes as much as I can, both with my staff and students alike. We all need to be and feel appreciated. I want to continue to strive to be the best leader I can; I care deeply about the staff and students I lead and hope never to stop wanting to be better for them. 
I have reflected a great deal about my marking and feedback practices and hope to continue improving them with my classes; it is one of the most powerful tools we have as teachers and I want my students to fully benefit from it. 
I have learnt a huge amount about educational technology over the last year and a half and now want to use it consistently well to help my students to progress. It is the future and we as educators are lagging behind. 
I have some great classes this year and I want to have fun while we learn. 
Here's to a great year.
...............

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment